Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#12): Inspire

 Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!

Title: Inspire
Author: Cora Carmack
Genre: New Adult, Paranormal, Romance
Expected Publication Date: December 15th, 2014

Kalliope lives with one purpose.

To inspire.

As an immortal muse, she doesn’t have any other choice. It’s part of how she was made. Musicians, artists, actors—they use her to advance their art, and she uses them to survive. She moves from one artist to the next, never staying long enough to get attached. But all she wants is a different life— a normal one. She’s spent thousands of years living lie after lie, and now she’s ready for something real.

Sweet, sexy, and steady, Wilder Bell feels more real than anything else in her long existence. And most importantly… he’s not an artist. He doesn’t want her for her ability. But she can’t turn off the way she influences people, not even to save a man she might love. Because in small doses, she can help make something beautiful, but her ability has just as much capacity to destroy as it does to create. The longer she stays, the more obsessed Wilder will become. It’s happened before, and it never turns out well for the mortal.

Her presence may inspire genius.

But it breeds madness, too.


Why am I waiting?

Because it sounds interesting! I wouldn't buy it based on the cover but the blurb is definitely something I think I'd enjoy. An immortal muse that can help create something beautiful but can also "destroy". I don't know what you guys think but I love the idea! It's unique and I haven't come across something like this before!

8 comments:

  1. Oh THAT COVER! Still haven't read anything by Carmack but you've sparked my interests, great pick this week (and I like your blog)!

    MGW WoW

    Diayll @Mother/Gamer/Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither but this one sounds super cool and I can't wait to read it! :D
      And thank you so much! Yours is also great, ahh! ♥

      Delete
  2. I'm also waiting on this one. Great pick. here's mine

    My $30 giveaway is still going if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Carmack she has the talent of making me snort out loud! I cannot count how many times I busted out laughing during Losing It. She is also one of the few authors that tweet with her fans ALOT. I am too excited fro this book!
    Here's my WoW
    http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/2014/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? It's that good? I guess I should check it out then! I haven't read anything by her yet but you made me curious now :D

      Thanks for stopping by! ♥

      Delete
  4. I love dancers, and dancers doing swirls, and I've never seen in captures on a cover that good -- I'd totally buy it for the cover, the title, and just knowing it's about a muse. For that, it doesn't sound like it is something new, but I think Cora Carmack can pull it off as a new coat of paint to an old story.
    Thanks for sharing this! And Happy Reading! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already saw you added it to your TBR list on Goodreads, yay! I really hope you'll also enjoy it and that it's a great book ... god, I hope so! :D

      Delete
  5. (I deleted the previous comment because of typos. Lol.)

    Oh, this is a BEAUTIFUL choice!! Yes, the concept is very original! I LOVE it!! I think I've seen this book elsewhere, but with another cover. And I agree -- this cover is just "meh". It's too bad, too, because the story inside is really fascinating!

    I'm adding this one to my Goodreads shelves! Maybe I can get another edition....

    Thanks for sharing!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.