Monday, December 29, 2014

{REVIEW} Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter #2 (Bloomsbury edition)
Title: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Author: J.K. Rowling
Genre: Fantasy, Children, Young Adult
Series: Harry Potter #2
Publication: July 2nd, 1998
Rating: ★★★★☆

Harry Potter can’t wait for his holidays with the dire Dursleys to end. But a small, self-punishing house-elf warns Harry of mortal danger awaiting him at Hogwarts. Returning to the castle nevertheless, Harry hears a rumour about a Chamber of Secrets, holding unknown horrors for wizards of Muggle parentage. Now someone is casting spells that turn people to stone, and a terrible warning is found painted on the wall. The chief suspect – always in the wrong place – is Harry. But something much more terrifying has yet to be unleashed.

I'm still so intrigued by those amazing book covers! I absolutely adore them and if I'm being completely honest they were the reason why I started reading it but the more and more I dive into that magical world of Hogwarts I wanna go there myself, haha. How absolutely fantastic would that be?

I have to say that I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first one. I don't know why but maybe because not much happened? No, that's not really right. I just had a different feeling but that doesn't mean I disliked it or so. Quite the opposite!

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

What (or more specific: Who) I probably liked most in book 2 is Ron Weasley. Seriously, he owns my heart. I love this clumsy and kind of awkward but still super cute boy. I was always looking forward to his scenes and no matter how tiny or "useless" they were, I enjoyed them all! He and his broken wand made me laugh so hard at times because those scenes were hilarious! And oh my, how protective he is over Hermione is just amazing. Yes, I already ship them.

Another favorite part of mine was Dobby! I'm in love with this little elf and I was so, so happy in the end! He definitely deserved it and gosh, I hope I'll meet him again soon!

"When in doubt, go to the library."

Professor Lockhart really annoyed me but I didn't expect anything else. He was weird in the movie too and therefore I knew it wouldn't be any different in the book. I think I even disliked him more in the book than in the movie (of course). The other Professors were all fantastic and I liked how everyone seemed to be annoyed by Mr. Perfect-Hair. The Duelling Club was also pretty awesome and I loved Snape for what he did to Lockhart! In general it's one of my favorite scenes in the whole book but also in the movie. It's great!

I was told it only gets better from now on and even though I've seen the movies - well, not all - I don't remember them anymore. Not 100% at least. I'm super curious and already can't wait to start book 3!

★★★★☆

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this! I love seeing people read Harry Potter, whether it be for the first time or for the hundredth time, because it's my favourite series of all time. The series absolutely gets better, and it's good that you can't remember much of the films because the books are so much better. I'd have to say book three is one of my favourites, so good luck and I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember I loved the movies (the ones I watched at least), so I definitely expect it to get better and better with each book. I'm super excited for book 3 because not only you said it's one of their faves but also almost everyone I asked! :D

      Delete
    2. Honestly, I think books 3, 4, and 5 are the best so happy reading them! I'll be interested to hear your thoughts if you post a review or anything. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.