Saturday, November 29, 2014

{REVIEW} Legacy Code by Autumn Kalquist

Title: Legacy Code
Author: Autumn Kalquist
Series: Fractured Era #1
Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult, Dystopia
Publication: August 1st, 2014
Rating: ★★★☆☆ +0.5

Space is a brutal home. Three hundred years ago, the Earth died, and the last humans fled. Beaten. Broken in more ways than one. Their descendants carry the Legacy Code—mangled genes that force them to abort half their unborn children.

When Era and Dritan Corinth get placements on the safest ship in the fleet and win a chance to have a child, they feel lucky. Until the day Era's supposed to find out if her baby has the Defect, and the ship suffers a hull breach.

An investigation uncovers new threats. Dangerous secrets. Lies. Treason.

Era begins to question everything she’s been taught about the fleet, their search for a new Earth, and the Defect. But the answers she seeks were never meant to be found...
*I received a review copy by the author in exchange for an honest review*

I think I expected something slightly different. I really enjoyed the "Defect"-stories and hoped for something similar but just longer. It's not that I didn't enjoy "Legacy Code", it's quite the opposite! It's a quick and easy read and definitely interesting!

Era is a strong character and fights for what's right, she tries to protect the ones she loves and I admired her for that. I just couldn't connect with her, not really at least. She's 17, I think? In my head she seemed older because she's pregnant and in comparison to Zephyr she's also more mature and serious. I could feel with her (especially towards the end) but never saw her as a 17 year old girl.

I liked her relationship with Dritan a lot! I don't know how old he was but he also seemed "older" to me, which is not a problem but it confused me a bit. He's caring and sweet and their love is so genuine and beautiful. Their way of telling "I love you." by squeezing each other's hand 3 times is just perfect. They don't need words to express their love.

Autumn Kalquist managed to keep me interested with the story although it's a very short book but it has potential! There's a lot more to discover, especially with what we found out in the end - cliffhangers are cruel, just saying. I'm really looking forward to read the second book "Paragon" and hope we'll get to know the characters a lot better and find some more answers!


★★★☆☆ +0.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.