Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#5): Creed

Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


"Creed" by Trisha Leaver & Lindsay Currie
Title: Creed
Author: Trisha Leaver & Lindsay Currie
Genre: Young Adult, Horror, Thriller
Expected Publication Date: November 8th, 2014

Three went in. Three came out. None even a shadow of who they once were.

When their car breaks down, Dee, her boyfriend Luke, and his brother Mike walk through a winter storm to take refuge in a nearby town called Purity Springs. When they arrive, the emergency sirens are blaring and the small farming town seems abandoned. With no other shelter, they spend the night in an empty house.

But they soon discover that not everything in Purity Springs is as it seems. When the town's inhabitants suddenly appear the next morning, Dee, Luke, and Mike find themselves at the mercy of the charismatic leader, Elijah Hawkins, who plans to make Dee his new wife. Elijah's son, Joseph, offers to help them escape . . . but the price of his help may be more than Dee and her friends can bear.


Why am I waiting?

I haven't read lots of horror books/novels but I always consider myself as a horror-lover. Obviously only when it comes to movies but "Creed" sounds very interesting and although there are lots of different opinions on Goodreads, I want to give it a chance myself. It reminds me a little of "Silent Hill" and well, that's one of my favorite movies EVER, so I have to read it. Simply as that. I hope I won't be disappointed but I'm really looking forward to it! 


6 comments:

  1. This was my pick a couple of weeks ago. I love the synopsis of Creed and the cover is so creepily beautiful. I hope it won't disappoint me, or you for that matter. I'm sad because it won't be out before Halloween, it would have been a perfect Halloween read. (sad sigh)
    Great pick!
    My WoW: http://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/10/waiting-on-wednesday-18-thousand-pieces.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creed is one I want to read as well. I'm a huge horror fan but I can't ever seem to find books that actually scare me so I'm hoping this one can. Great choice!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this one! Like you, I haven't read that many horror books even though I consider myself a horror fan. Horror movies are so much more well-known than horror books, especially in YA. I've been finding a few though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting for this one too! I can't wait to get my hands on it! Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn it sounds creepy!! I don't deal well with horror. Over active imagination haha. It does sound pretty good though so maybe I'll try and get over that and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this one sounds creepy! Hope you enjoy it once you get your hands on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.