Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#4): Beware the Wild

Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: Beware the Wild
Author: Natalie C. Parker
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal
Expected Publication Date: October 21st, 2014

It's an oppressively hot and sticky morning in June when Sterling and her brother, Phin, have an argument that compels him to run into the town swamp -- the one that strikes fear in all the residents of Sticks, Louisiana. Phin doesn't return. Instead, a girl named Lenora May climbs out, and now Sterling is the only person in Sticks who remembers her brother ever existed.

Sterling needs to figure out what the swamp's done with her beloved brother and how Lenora May is connected to his disappearance -- and loner boy Heath Durham might be the only one who can help her. 


Why am I waiting?

The cover intrigued me right from the beginning! It looks creepy and scary and I'm a sucker for such things! I love but also hate to be scared and I expect at least an uneasy feeling from this book. I know it's not a horror novel but damnit, if it's as thrilling as the cover looks like I'll probably enjoy it a lot!

7 comments:

  1. I read it a few weeks ago, wasn't quite what I was expecting but it was really good and has a great creepy atmosphere. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creepy atmosphere sounds good to me! I hope I'll like it too then :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds so very good. Excellent choice for your WOW.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this book either! I hope it will be creepy and not in an awkward way like some other YA thrillers or horrors. Hope you'll enjoy it. :) Nice choice. :)
    Also, thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing!
    Here's my WoW: http://thecouchpotatoesdigest.blogspot.com/2014/10/waiting-on-wednesday-reawakened.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound like a really good horror novel. I don't read those often but I may try this one. I've already started to hear some good things about it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥