Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#2): Endgame

 Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Cover of Endgame: The Calling
Title: Endgame, The Calling
Author: James Frey & Nils-Johnson Shelton
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopia
Expected Publication Date: October 7th, 2014

Twelve thousand years ago, they came. They descended from the sky amid smoke and fire, and created humanity and gave us rules to live by. They needed gold and they built our earliest civilizations to mine it for them. When they had what they needed, they left. But before they left, they told us someday they would come back, and when they did, a game would be played. A game that would determine our future.

This is Endgame.

For ten thousand years the lines have existed in secret. The 12 original lines of humanity. Each had to have a Player prepared at all times. They have trained generation after generation after generation. In weapons, languages, history, tactics, disguise assassination. Together the players are everything: strong, kind, ruthless, loyal, smart, stupid, ugly, lustful, mean, fickle, beautiful, calculating, lazy, exuberant, weak. They are good and evil. Like you. Like all.

When the game starts, the players will have to find three keys. The keys are somewhere on earth. The only rule of their Endgame is that there are no rules. Whoever finds the keys first wins the game.

Why am I waiting?

How could I not be waiting for this (probably epic) book? It sounds intriguing, interesting, thrilling  and a little like The Hunger Games but kind of different, which is good! I read Lindsay Cumming's review on Goodreads and it even made me more eager to read it! I love puzzles and mystery and already can't wait to solve this one - seriously, I need to get this as soon as it's out, ahhh!

3 comments:

  1. I have seen this book floating around on a couple of WoW but never took the time to look into it. After reading that blurb I've decided to add it to my tbr list! Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Patty! It's good to know someone actually reads what I post, haha. :)

      I hope it will be as good as I imagine it to be ... I've never read anything else of the author before, so I don't know what to expect but this sounds really interesting and great!

      Delete
  2. I just read about this and it sounds fascinating! Adding to my TBR list as I type! Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.