Friday, September 19, 2014

Recommendation Friday (#4)

For this week's "Recommendation Friday", I picked a series with 6 books that is about a kick-ass female that hunts vampires. It's a Paranormal/Urban Fantasy series and the first book was published back in 2007 by Avon and is called "Halfway to the grave" by Jeaniene Frost. Everyone, please welcome and meet my guest ... Cat(herine) Crawfield!

German covers of the "Night huntress" series by Jeaniene Frost

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father - the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner - are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

Does someone remember/know her? I mentioned it in one of my previous Recommendation-Friday posts that, after I finished the Twilight saga, I was a complete sucker for vampire books. So, when I found out about the Night Huntress series, I knew I had to read it! So far I've read the first 4 books of the series - but already a while ago. Bones and Cat were one of my favorite couples ever and even now I still ship them. The chemistry they had and all the bickering and fights and what they've been through is just great. As far as I remember, I really liked Cat! She's badass and tough and very, very brave! Bones was just the cherry on top of a delicious ice cream bowl, I was kind of obsessed with him when I read the series! :D So, if you don't mind a kick-ass, vampire-hunting (and even some other supernatural creatures too, I think) female with a hot vampire as her companion ... well, I advise you to click the links down below and check out the books as soon as possible!

Find the book on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥